Manufacture's 25 years Residential and 5 years Light commercial Limited Warranty
The manufacturer warrants to the original end consumer or lamited flooring panel, for 25 years from the date of the purchase, that be decor surface of the panels will not wear through.
• The panels will not fade from sunlight or normal artifical lighting
• The panels will resist stains
• The panel joins will remain secure after installation
• The panels are free from manufacturing defects
• The limited warranty is made subject to the following conditions:
• The laminate flooring panels must be properly installed in accordance with laminate flooring installation instructions, and must be used only for indoor according to their utility rating
• The limited warranty does not cover negligance, improper installation or maintenance, insufficient protection, improper alternations to the original material, insects, severe accidents, exposure to estreme heat, burns, fire, natural disasters or Acts of God.
• The surface wear is readily visible, i,e,a, minimum of one square inch, and is not the result of sand or other abrasive materials
•The surface wear or damage is not the result of abuse, improper care and maintenance, sliding furniture or heavy objects across the floor without protection, severe impact, scratching, cutting, or chemical damage
• This limited warranty applies to water damage from normal household spills when removed promptly
• This limited warranty does not cover mouldings or accessories
• This limited warranty only covers the original material purchased
Laminated flooring panels installed with any manufacturing defect are not covered by this limited warranty. Any known manufacturing defect must be reported prior to product installation, or under any circumstance, no longer than thirty (30) days after the date of purchase to be covered under this limited warranty. Any such defective material will be replaced at no additional cost to the customer. Any damage that occurs during shipping is the responsibility of the shipping company.
TO ALL CUSTOMERS:
The Eastern Hardwood Floor has acknowledge our responsibility in properly manufacturing products that meet or exceed accepted standards and are consistent with the quality levels we pledge to meet. In support of this, we provide a limited warranty for our products, which are available to our customer prior to purchase of any products.
Beautiful hardwood floors are a product of natural, and therefore, are not perfect, Flooring is manufactured in accordance with accepted industry standard which permit a defect tolerance not exceeds 5%. The manufactured warrants to its direct purchasers that all products they sell shall be of the quality, kind and grade as invoiced by them when those products leave its premises. If the inanufteturer agrees that any of their products are defective in materials or workmanship, in excess if the 5% degrade allowance. We will replace them the same kind, our use, and all liability for consequential damages, directions followed or not, is excluded.
In addition products covered by this limited warranty will not include products designed as off goods, seconds, cabin grade or specials. Any products so designated as is?
During the manufacturing process, wood flooring is inspected several times for quality and grade. Despite these efforts, occasioanlly defective material does make it beyond the manufacturer. The aggressive adherence to this policy can prevent many expensive problems from developing.
Eastern Distributors, Inc. provides hardwood products from reputable manufacturers. We offer our customer sales and marketing assistance based on our many years of experience, our knowledge and our expertise. Eastern Distribution, Inc. does not provide any additional warranty on the products we sell and we do not expand upon the manufacture's limited warranties provided with products. This relates to problem involving manufacturing, installation or job site conditions.
We do not guarantee any size or grade of hardwood flooring against cupping, bucking, shinking, waping, rot or beetle infestation. Eastern Distribution, Inc. can not be held liable for any product expansion, shrinking, slipping, popping or heaving after installation. These problems are related to job site conditon or improper installation over which Eastern Distribution, Inc. has no control.
Maintaning Your Hardwood Floors
After you purcharse a new floor it's important you use the proper floor maintenance so your floors look their best. Here some general maintenance tips for maintaining a hardwood floor. Always read the manufacturer's guide for specific details on caring for your floor.
• Don't Damp Mop.- Water and wood floors don't mix! Use only the manufacturer's recommended cleaning products on your hardwood floor.
• Vacuum Regularty.- Small stones. mud, and gritty dirt tracked in from outside can play havoc on the wood floors finish. To help combat this use long bristle welcome mats placed at all outside entrances for people to wipe their feet on before entering onto the floors. Also vacuum using a soft bristle brush attachment.
• Use the Proper Chair Glides.- Narrow wheels and wooden, or metal furniture legs can scratch and dent hardwood flooring, which can quickcly turn a newly refinished floor into an old worn floor. Any furniture that rests directly on top of a hardwood floor should have felt protectors, or furniture coasters, under all it's feet. For extremely heavy objects such as a piano, use rubber cups. Purchasing chair glides is a very cheap insurance policy for you hardwood flooring.
• Don't Use Oil Soaps.- There are many over the counter oil soap based or silicome and wax based cleaning products that can damage and dull the finish of you hardwood floor. The best suggestion is to only use the manufacturers recommended cleaning products on your hardwood flooring.
• Never Wax a Urethane Floor.- If you have a polyurethane finish on you hardwood floors you should never use a wax on them. The wax will cause a sticky film to build up on your floor, allowing any dirt tracked onto in to stick. This creates black traffic paths on your floor. Because polyurethane will not adhere to any wax it also makes the floor almost impossible to recoat later with a fresh coat of polyurethane.
• Wipe Spills Immediately.- When accidents happen and liquid gets spilled on your hardwood floor, you should use a slightly damp white cloth, or paper towel to immediately clean up and dry the effected area. For more difficult sports, follow the manufacturer's recommended cleaning procedures.
With laminates or vinyl floors avoid adding too much cleaner to your water. Streaking is generally caused by overuse of the cleaning agent. If this happens wash your floor with ammonia and warn water to remove the excess cleaner.
One of the best ways to help protect your new flooring is to make sure you have good quality chair protectors on all chairs. From time to time your should check the condition of the chair glides and replace when they are warn.